Monday, September 12, 2016

Tracting is Fun?

This week I was asked how far away a plane was by my companion, I
answered that I didn't know, to which he responded "I'd say about 23
months for you". We had a good laugh at that one

This week has been crazy, we finally got one of our investigators to
church only to have them step outside at least 3 times to smoke.
However, the important thing is that he came so we tried not to let it
get us down.

We tracted into a guy last Saturday who was really weird but pretty
cool. When we met him we introduced ourselves and the first thing he
said was "I'm disabled, they found something in my brain and now I
have to take pills to keep me from going crazy". We didn't really know
how to respond but somehow we got him to invite us in and we began
teaching the first lesson. It was going really well until he told us
that he had short term memory loss and that he would forget everything
we taught him and wouldn't even remember that we came over. So that
was interesting.

On Thursday Eder Kopische from the 70 came and talked to us and it was
awesome. We learned a ton about how to be better missionaries. He
challenged us to prepare some questions we wanted answered before the
meeting and to come prepared to receive personal revelation. I can
honestly say that all of my questions were answered, one after the
other. He then told us that when we invite others to come to church to
have them come with a question and promise them they will receive an
answer. I can promise all of you that it works. Think of a question
and really think it out in your mind and then go to church on Sunday
with the intent to get an answer and you'll get an answer. If you
don't get one right away it will at least put you on the right path to
receiving your answer.

My first week I hated tracting, but I can say now that it is honestly
so fun. I went on exchanges with another Elder and when he knocks on
doors he tries to do a cool beat so all we did while tracting was see
who could do the better beat. It's a good way to get people to answer
the door. Plus you meet some of the coolest people out tracting. One
day this week we knocked on this door and this bigger Hispanic guy
opened the door with his bible, after we told him who we were he
walked out onto the porch and said "alright boys, let's talk about
Jesus". I thought for sure that he was going to start bashing and
trying to tear us down. But he was actually super nice and interested
in what we had to say. He was a pastor from Florida and was just
visiting family for the day but he said he would get in contact with
the missionaries in Florida when he got back.

We had someone bang on our door and tear up the picture of Jesus we
had on our door at 4 in the morning one night. At first we didn't know
who it was but we later learned that it was one of our investigators
who had gotten kicked out of his girlfriends house and was super
drunk. We still don't know how he knew where we lived but boy are we
glad the door was locked. He apologized the next day and we've been
trying to help him find a job because as of now he lives in the woods
behind a grocery store.

So far this has been one of the hardest but most rewarding experiences
of my life, I love it!!! Instead of a scripture I think everyone
should read the definition of prayer in the bible dictionary, it's
really cool.


My companion, his trainer, and me!


Satan's Pool


Food Bank Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment