Monday, March 20, 2017

March Tractness

So this week I was laying on my back looking at our phone and I dropped it right on my face and it cut my forehead and I started bleeding everywhere, so that was fun. Watch out for those LG Xpressions, they'll get ya. Also, Elder Wolverton had a doctors appointment and he paid his $10 copay in quarters #savage, it was pretty funny to watch. 

Anyways this has been a pretty uneventful week. Most mornings our planning goes something like this 

Elder Wolverton: So after Comp Study what do you want to do?

Elder Critchfield: Hmmm, should we tract Old Buckingham until lunch?

Elder Wolverton: Yeah that's a good idea

Elder Critchfield: Okay cool, what about after lunch? We have dinner at 5 so that gives us 3-4 hours

Elder Wolverton: Tracting?

Elder Critchfield: Sounds good to me

Elder Wolverton: And after dinner?

Elder Critchfield: We actually have a lesson with Cecile after dinner

Elder Wolverton: Really!?!?

Elder Critchfield: Nope

Elder Wolverton: Oh bummer, looks like more tracting then

Okay so maybe I'm exaggerating but let's just say when I get home I'm gonna be AMAZING at selling Vivint. All jokes aside though we are working our butts off and we are finally starting to see things happen here in Midlo!

Cecile is doing super well!! She is the phillipino lady we are teaching, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned her before. We meet with her as much as we can since she's so busy with work and if she works late we'll just call her when she gets home and check on her reading, she's awesome!! Being a missionary is probably my favorite thing in the entire world right now because you meet the coolest people. 

Hmmmm what else, oh yeah!! So I don't know if anyone remembers but we were working with this Albanian lady named Eli, she's super cool as well. We found out this Sunday that she got her Patriarchal Blessing! There isn't a Patriarch in Albania and she goes back there in May so I'm happy she was able to receive hers before she left. 

Some members fed us some flank steak this week, and while it definitely wasn't the best I've had it was pretty good. The only thing that was missing was some Yoshidas and the Sorensens. 

My scripture this week is Alma 36:21

"Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy."

This is definitely how I feel on my mission. Some weeks are unbelievably hard, and I can easily say that some of the hardest days of my entire life were experienced in my first few months, and they still come every once in a while. However, I can also say with equal confidence that the most unbelievable joy I've ever experienced has been felt while on my mission. Being out here truly is a privilege and I thank Heavenly Father every day for trusting me enough to gather his lost sheep!!

Alrighty well last weeks email was really short so I made this one a bit longer, props if you made it all the way through. I'll close with a quote from one of my favorite members in the ward. Love you guys!!

"If you're going to find a girl in the singles ward, she might as well play an instrument" -Brother Burch

P.S. Transfers are next week so don't send anything until I let y'all know next Monday if I'm staying here in Midlo!

Pics
1. The District (find the hidden Elder)
2. The District 2 (find the hidden Elder)
2. Elder Wolverton: Cat Whisperer 😻



No comments:

Post a Comment