Monday, March 27, 2017

Farewell Midlo 🙌🏼

This Friday we had interviews with President Smith and they were amazing as always, I love that guy. In interviews he told me I was heading out of Midlothian, well actually his exact words were "I think two transfers in Midlothian is enough, I don't want you to blow your brains out". I kinda have mixed feelings about leaving though. On one hand I'm starting to get pretty close with some members and things with Cecile are going fantastic. However, tracting for 7 hours a day just isn't really my style, so I'm excited for a change. 

This transfer has definitely been one of stretching and growing for me. Elder Wolverton was honestly light years ahead of me at the beginning of the transfer when it came to work ethic, testimony, and dedication. So it pretty much forced me to step up my game, and now that I'm at the end it's crazy to look back and see how much progress I've made. 

Thursday night we were out tracting, no surprise there, and it was 8 o'clock so we decided to knock one more door. We knocked on this door with a bunch of cars outside and an older gentlemen answered the door. We introduced ourselves as missionaries and when we explained we were sharing a message about Jesus Christ he replied "Well that's what we are doing right now! Come on in boys". So we come inside and there are 14 other people in his living room having bible study! We sat in for an hour since we didn't have anything else to do and it was awesome. They were in 1 John and Elder Wolverton and I made some solid comments. I thought about sharing some stuff from the Book of Mormon but nothing came to mind. Near the end this guy made a comment that we didn't believe in the same Jesus, which technically we don't since they believe in the Trinity, but Elder Wolverton was not having it. So at the end of the meeting he bore an amazing testimony on Jesus Christ and his divinity as the Son of God, I followed up with an invitation to read and pray about the Book of Mormon to see for themselves. You could tell everyone in the room felt the spirit, it was so sick 🙏🏻. 

This week I've been thinking a lot about how much God is involved in each of our lives. As I look back on the months leading up to my mission I can see how Heavenly Father prepared me and helped me make the right decisions. I can also see the people he put in my life like amazing priesthood leaders, a bishop as a next door neighbor, a loving family, a killer group of friends in high school, a violin prodigy, and so many more. I can't help but be grateful when I think of all the influential people Heavenly Father put in my life! I've decided that words like "luck" and "chance" are just synonyms for divine intervention. Once we look close enough we realize that God truly is a part of every detail in our lives. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live and that they have a very real love for us!

I'll close out with a poem that's been a lot of help here in Midlothian, where every day is a grind.

O, one might reach heroic heights by one strong burst of power. He might endure the brightest lights of Heaven for an hour. But harder is the daily drag, to smile at trials which fret and frag and not to murmur-nor to lag. The test of greatness is the the way one meets the eternal everyday

Love you guys!! I'll let y'all know next week where they send me. 

Pics
1. I'm gonna miss all the Porsches in the church parking lot
2. Saying bye to the Staffords 
3. Manna from Heaven 
4. Finally got to put my name on the Midlo Stop Sign
5. The Zone Leaders spilled all the leftover sauce from dinner on exchanges







Elder Critchfield 🙏🏻
??????? Apt. ???
?????, VA ??????

No comments:

Post a Comment