Monday, April 24, 2017

Real Life Minecraft

So this week we went over to a member's house and helped him break up
this giant rock in his crawl space. Elder Burila and I went at it for
4 hours with pickaxes, shovels, and hammers trying to make a path
through this rock to his water heater. It was way fun but the next day
my hands were super sore.

We also cleaned Lucas's room this week, it was awful. We took a video
but it was legit so gross I've decided not to send it haha. There was
probably 5 years worth of dog hair in there, tons of spider webs, and
food that was no longer recognizable. The entire house is the same way
though, so now Lucas's room is this little corner of cleanliness,
hopefully he can keep it that way.

Hmmm what else. Elder Burila and I made some sweet ties that we are
wearing in the district pics. We call our district The Sistrict (I
stole it from Emily Henry) because Elder Burila and I are the only
Elders ✌🏻. Also in the picture is a drawing of the Plan of Salvation
that Elder Burila and I use that spells out love.

We had a ward party Saturday evening and it was pretty fun, there was
tons of food and lots of games. I honestly love this ward so much, all
the members are super chill and the youth are cool as well. Transfers
are in two weeks so pray that I get to stay here in Staunton!!

I've been thinking a lot this week about the phrase "people don't care
how much you know until they know how much you care" I can honestly
say this is SO true. Unless I truly love people it's impossible for me
to teach them. Example: We met this guy last week who was a total
weirdo, he had a crazy haircut, shaved eyebrows, and his apartment was
covered in little kids toys and legos, and this is like a 27 year old
dude. The first lesson went well but I didn't feel the spirit super
strong because I was just judging him hardcore. The next lesson though
I tried really hard to love him and it was awesome!! I felt the spirit
enter the lesson and it turns out he's actually really cool!! I know
that as we strive to love people and see them as God does then we can
help them come closer to the Savior.

Well that about wraps up this week, love you guys!

Elder Critchfield 🙏🏻
107 Community Way
Apt. 522
Staunton, VA 24401

Pics
1. The Sistrict
2. The Sistrict 2




No comments:

Post a Comment